Missing Key Analyzers

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Missing Key Analyzers

Postby droid » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:13 pm

When I check preferences the only Key Analyzer I have is 'Key Detector'. Im running OSX and I have this issue with two versions of Mixx on two different machines, one of which was installed on a completely fresh OS. 2.1.8 is the version Im looking at right now.

Im having another issue where the same tunes on different versions, but using the same key analyzer is giving me different results. Say Eb on one and E on the other. Is this due to changes in the key detection system between versions? Is there anyway to sync to machines so the analysis is constant?
droid

Re: Missing Key Analyzers

Postby daschuer » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm

We have recently fixed a bug in the key analysis. This results in better but different results.
Just make sure you have installed in both systems the same version of Mixxx.
This will ensure that bother are detecting the same key.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Re: Missing Key Analyzers

Postby droid » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:22 am

Yes, thank you. I had some memory of having a choice of more than one key analyser, but anyway, I figured it was something like that and I rolled all of our machines back to 2.0.0.

Ive been using keyfinder a lot and found it to be a bit more accurate than Mixxx. Dunno what he uses to analyse but might be worth checking out. http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/
droid

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ