Problem Adding Roland DJ-505 mapping to Mixxx (Ubuntu)

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Problem Adding Roland DJ-505 mapping to Mixxx (Ubuntu)

Postby E-Shine » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello Mixxx community !

I just got a Roland DJ-505 that I chose after checking Mixxx's compatibility list.
But I couldn't install Mixxx 2.2.2 and I tried to make it work (the savage way) on Mixxx 2.2.0...and it didn't...
I admit I'm not good at using github and git code, but as I thought I just needed the "controller" files, I took them from there.
After checking the XML worked good (first time, it was unreadable but I found out it came from a problem you get by using "Save as" on browser...), I copied it.
And what a MIRACLE (well...almost), the controller appeared in the parameters' menu...
But when I chose it, every single input leads to an error, so, it still doesn't work...(at least I tried).
Can anyone tell me if you can actually use it on this version of Mixxx, and how to install it...properly, this time..?

Thank you by advance !
E-Shine

Re: Problem Adding Roland DJ-505 mapping to Mixxx (Ubuntu)

Postby Be. » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:17 pm

The mapping for the Roland DJ-505 is not compatible with Mixxx 2.2. It was made for the upcoming Mixxx 2.3. If you want to use it now, you'll have to either use a build from our buildserver or build Mixxx yourself from the latest source code on GitHub.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby E-Shine » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:12 pm

2.3 alpha deb has same problem than 2.2.2 deb when I try to install it. :(

And when I click on "install" anyway, it tells me : "The following packages have unmet dependencies" and doesn't install.

Edit : After installing GDebi instead of using Ubuntu's "Software" program, It seems that the problem is that "libprotobuf-lite10" is missing on my system.
E-Shine

Postby Be. » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm not sure what the problem is with the Ubuntu packages, but if you want to get Mixxx working before someone fixes that, you can still build it from source.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ