Akai AMX controller and recording

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Akai AMX controller and recording

Postby maxvanceffer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi, to everybody. I can not figure out how I can record my mix, using Akai AMX controller on Linux (Kubuntu, 18.04). When I run arecord command with argument -L, it list my devices.

Screenshot_20190918_081700.png
Screenshot_20190918_081700.png (228.17 KiB) Viewed 291 times

There a lot of outputs announced by AMX to the system. Which one need to be choose ? More other, one thing which I cannot understand, is that:

My Akai controller connected to pc by usb, from pc akai receive signal, mixed it, and output from RCA to speakers. If mixing two channels happen on controller, then I can not record it, because mixing result output to speakers not back to pc. Or I don't understand something. And in tab recording in mixxx preferences i see available sources for recording, only this options:

Channel 1 - 2
Channel 3 - 4
Channel 1
Channel 2
Channel 3
Channel 4

But i need record 1 + 2 + 3 + 4
maxvanceffer

Re: Akai AMX controller and recording

Postby Be. » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Do not configure anything for the Recording/Broadcasting input; leave that set to none. That is if you use an external mixer. When it you use a controller like the Akai AMX, the mixing is done on the computer in Mixxx, so just press the record button in Mixxx.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Re: Akai AMX controller and recording

Postby maxvanceffer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Thx, it worked. !!! so easy. I get lost because before digital controller, I had analog controller.
maxvanceffer

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ