Auto DJ

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Auto DJ

Postby craigwf » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:39 am

OK, so I'm a newb at this dj thing. I'm trying to figure out how to get songs to play automatically one after the other using Mixxx. I load a folder of songs. How do I quickly get them all into Auto DJ which I hope will automatically play them sequentially? I only see a way to add them individually; that takes too long.

Additionally, is there a way to get Deck 2 to play as song as the song in Deck 1 has finished? Haven't found that button or setting.
craigwf

Re: Auto DJ

Postby JosepMa » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Hello.

To add a group of songs, you can do it in several ways, but in your case, you probably just need to select the songs in the library( ctrl+click, or shift+click, also ctrl+A and then drag&drop them over the autodj text on the tree on the left side)

To make deck 2 start when the song has already finished and not before, you need to change the crossfade duration. This is the number on the autodj screen. Set it to zero or even to a negative number.
JosepMa

Postby craigwf » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. The Ctrl+A suggestion (Cmd+A on my MacBook) does the trick for getting all the loaded tunes into autodj.

Regarding the Deck1/2 issue, I am referring to Deck 2 starting automatically when autodj is not being used. Autodj is set to 0 sec., but when the song on Deck 1 finishes, Deck 2 does not start up until you click the Play button on Deck 2. Is there a setting to use when you are manually putting tunes in the decks (that is, not using autodj) that will cause the inactive deck to start up when the active deck's song is over?
craigwf

Postby JosepMa » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Oh, then no. There isn't such an option, since Mixxx is not designed to be a player.

You only can get that functionality with AutoDJ. That's why I suggested setting the Autodj value to 0 seconds.
JosepMa

Postby mringer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 pm

i just drag and drop playlists made on one computer into autodj. works like a charm
mringer

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ