Missing Waveform Display

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Missing Waveform Display

Postby vk3ty » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:37 pm

I've just loaded 2.2.1 on my Linux (Linux Mint 19.2) laptop (Acer TravelMate 6460) and have found the Waveform is is missing from the display. The central "base-line" is missing and although tracks have been loaded on to decks 1 & 2, no waveform is displayed. The Waveform Overview panels are fine.

I've been using 2.1.1 on my Windows 8.1 Pro laptop for a number of years and at least I can make comparisons between the two laptops.

It's not a "big" issue but more of interest sake. I can get away with just using the Waveform Overview feature.

Has anyone encountered the same problem or is it just a manifestation within my installation?
Attachments
MIXXX.png
Screenshot
MIXXX.png (48.71 KiB) Viewed 118 times
vk3ty

Re: Missing Waveform Display

Postby Be. » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Try changing the waveform renderer in the Waveforms section of the preferences.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby JosepMa » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 pm

That problem appeared sometimes under Windows, but I didn't hear of such a problem on Linux yet.

First try as Be suggests.

Also, ensure that the waveforms are generated.
You can force the regeneration of the waveform data selecting the track on the library, right click on it, reset-> waveform (better if it is not already loaded on a deck). Then either reanalize the track, or reload it to the deck.

If that still doesn't work, you might need to verify the audio API and audio latency that you have configured on the Audio Hardware preferences in Mixxx. On windows, the problem was with one of the APIs that had a problem sinchronising the audio with the graphics.
JosepMa

Postby Be. » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 pm

JosepMa wrote:Also, ensure that the waveforms are generated.
You can force the regeneration of the waveform data selecting the track on the library, right click on it, reset-> waveform (better if it is not already loaded on a deck). Then either reanalize the track, or reload it to the deck.

They are being generated because they show in the overview waveforms.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ