Headphones volume up cuts sound

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Headphones volume up cuts sound

Postby Stkh » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:11 pm

I'm using Mixxx 2.1.5 for 64-Bit Windows and a Hercules Control Instinct. I've got a problem where if I hit the volume-up button for the headphones on the controller, the sound to the headphones cuts out. Hitting the volume-up button again brings it back for a nano-second, but otherwise, nothing. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?
Stkh

Re: Headphones volume up cuts sound

Postby Be. » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Do the headphone gain or cue mix knobs on screen move when you press the button on your controller? If not, then I think it's a hardware problem.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby Stkh » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Just tested it - the volume down button lowers the volume in my headphones, but doesn't move the Mixxx knob. The volume up button whacks the knob up to maximum then minimum, hence no sound. If I reset the knob to default position, it will play at the volume that I set it to on the controller.

EDIT: Okay, I've found a work-around. Since the controller seems to control its own volume which clashes with Mixxx's, I've used the mapping learner to make the volume buttons on the controller keep the knob in Mixxx at default position.
Stkh

Postby Be. » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Thanks for reporting this. I opened a pull request to fix the bug in the mapping.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ