Problems with selecting a list of source connections

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Problems with selecting a list of source connections

Postby Kizzume » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:14 am

I seem to have a problem when I have more than one source connection. Sometimes it works correctly, sometimes it doesn't. Often times when I click on another source connection, it won't actually reflect that I've clicked it, it will often ONLY show the information for the one that's first in the list. And it's completely random for what makes it work again, sometimes I have to reboot the computer, sometimes I can just checkbox one of them, hit apply, and then double-click some of the source connections and it will finally show correctly.

The most frustrating thing is that the database for what's in those fields (once a connection is selected correctly) gets corrupted sometimes, especially after a reboot, and I have to delete them all (except one because it doesn't let you delete all of them, it gives an error saying there needs to be at least ONE, even though there were none when the program got installed, I certainly hope I don't have to reinstall it constantly in order to clear out all the source connections so I can ACTUALLY create a genuinely new connection instead of it copying all the fields from an existing connection) and retype them in order to stream again. When it gets corrupted, it can't connect to the server, it'll claim that the login is incorrect.

Is the best answer, for now, to delete all connections but one, and when I have to use another connection, create a new one and delete the old one? I'm kind-of at a loss. I wish I could find a consistent way of getting it to work correctly.
Kizzume

Re: Problems with selecting a list of source connections

Postby Kizzume » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:28 am

Seriously, no replies to this? Has nobody else dealt with this, or is it an ongoing problem that nobody wants to talk about?
Kizzume

Postby JosepMa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Multiple source connections is a new feature which was added in Mixxx 2.1, and I am guessing it isn't used by most users.

We probably need to make more detailed tests with this feature, but I personally haven't done so.
I do have two connections saved (to test with an icecast server and a shoutcast server), but I don't usually use them.
JosepMa

Postby Kizzume » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:00 am

That's fair. At the very least, they need to allow people to remove all source connections so they can start from scratch, since creating a new one after one has already been created just copies everything from the one that exists. It's very strange program behavior. Thanks for your response. :)
Kizzume

Postby Kizzume » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

This problem completely ruined my set, it was unable to connect at all, no matter what I did. I've just purchased a monthly subscription to VirtualDJ. I can't be flubbing up my sets in SL. Now I know why some clubs say "we don't accept DJs who use Mixxx". This is why. Congrats.
Kizzume

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ