Audio output is lost in space ~ Please help.....

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Audio output is lost in space ~ Please help.....

Postby Soulbrother » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm a new user to MIXXX and can't get the audio to play with headphones or laptop speaker.
The tracks load and run ok, but without any audio output.
I've tried changing the combinations of sound hardware settings, but can't find any options that work.
Pleeeeeeze help!! This is driving me wild and I really want to spin some tunes!!
Last edited by Soulbrother on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soulbrother

Re: Audio output is lost in space ~ Please help.....

Postby sarettaT » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 pm

I am having the same issue but not all the time, only intermittently. I had a bit of a panic inducing night DJing last night. Every so often, a track would load and appear to be playing, but no sound. Then when I tried to resolve this, the software just crashed meaning I had a dancefloor full of people waiting while I shut down and reopened the software. I cannot fathom what the issue is. I checked the tracks again and they are playing fine, so it is not an issue with the file itself. I am using Mixx 2.0.0 mainly because I used this version before so am familiar with the interface and I understand that this version is supposed to be stable whereas some other versions are not. I have used this version for over 2 years without any issue. The issue has only occurred since I had a problem with my computer and had wipe everything and reset. This meant I had to download and install the Mixx software again. I have been playing about with the software checking trying to fathom this, whilst doing so, I stopped and ejected a track from deck 1. Now I cannot load anything into deck one.
If anyone can shed any light on these issues or how to resolve them I would be very greatful. As I said, I am used to mixx and would like to keep using this rather than having to familiarise myself with a different software. However, when DJing it is really important to me that the software is reliable.
sarettaT

Postby Soulbrother » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm

I appreciate you contributing.....
Your situation is little different since you can originally here a track, then it cuts out?
Additionally your software is crashing, and that is not the case here.

Anyone have suggestions for me of how to proceed with troubleshooting steps?
Soulbrother

Postby Soulbrother » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:10 pm

BTW I'm running Mixxx 2.0 on ubuntu
Soulbrother

Postby JosepMa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:00 pm

@sarettaT: What you describe reminds me of one of the problems that were present with Mixxx 2.0, Windows and some badly formatted m4a files. So if you play mp4 files instead of mp3, flacs or other formats, the problem might be in the file.
Version 2.1.x improved on that so I recommend upgrading and see if this solves the issue.

@Soulbrother: Please, locate the log file ( see here https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/finding ... x.log_file ), and attach it here in a new post. What you describe seems as if the soundcard is never initialized. It could also happen that you use a samplerate or latency that is not supported by your audio hardware.
Also, on Linux, you also might have problems due to pulseaudio not allowing you to access the soundcard directly with ALSA.

We would be able to discard some cases with the log file.
JosepMa

Postby Soulbrother » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Thank You for reaching out!!

Debug [Main]: Mixxx "2.0.0" "(git 1.12 r5772; flags: asan=0 asmlib=0 autodjcrates=1 buildtime=0 bulk=1 color=0 coreaudio=0 faad=0 ffmpeg=0 hid=1 hss1394=0 ipod=0 localecompare=1 macappstore=0 mad=1 mediafoundation=0 modplug=0 opengles=0 optimize=portable opus=1 perftools=0 perftools_profiler=0 profiling=0 qdebug=1 qt_sqlite_plugin=0 shoutcast=1 test=False vamp=1 verbose=1 vinylcontrol=1 wv=0)" is starting...
Debug [Main]: Library versions:
Debug [Main]: Qt: 5.9.5
Debug [Main]: libshout: 2.4.1
Debug [Main]: RubberBand: 1.8.1
Debug [Main]: SoundTouch: 1.9.2
Debug [Main]: TagLib: 1.11.1
Debug [Main]: ChromaPrint: 1.4.3
Debug [Main]: Vorbis: Xiph.Org libVorbis 1.3.5
Debug [Main]: FLAC: 1.3.2
Debug [Main]: QDesktopServices::storageLocation(HomeLocation): "/home/patrick"
Debug [Main]: QDesktopServices::storageLocation(DataLocation): "/home/patrick/.local/share/data//Mixxx"
Debug [Main]: QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath() "/usr/bin"
Debug [Main]: Configuration file is at the current version 2.0.0
Debug [Main]: Loading resources from "/usr/share/mixxx/"
Debug [Main]: Loading translations for locale "en_US" from translations folder "/usr/share/mixxx/translations/" : fail
Debug [Main]: Compressor attack per frame: 0.000408163 decay per frame: 4.08163e-05
Debug [Main]: PortAudio version: 1246720 text: PortAudio V19.6.0-devel, revision 396fe4b6699ae929d3a685b3ef8a7e97396139a4
Debug [Main]: JACK client name set
Debug [Main]: Found an output connection above current deck count
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Auxiliary1]" , "passthrough" )
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Auxiliary2]" , "passthrough" )
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Auxiliary3]" , "passthrough" )
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Auxiliary4]" , "passthrough" )
Debug [Main]: WARNING: AudioInput already registered!
Debug [Main]: Available QtSQL drivers: ("QSQLITE")
Debug [Main]: DB status: "/home/patrick/.mixxx/mixxxdb.sqlite" = true
Debug [Main]: SchemaManager::upgradeToSchemaVersion already at version 24
Debug [Main]: TrackDAO::initialize QThread(0x562e70bc8b50, name = "Main") "qt_sql_default_connection"
Debug [Main]: CrateDAO::initialize()
Debug [Main]: CueDAO::initialize QThread(0x562e70bc8b50, name = "Main") "qt_sql_default_connection"
Debug [Main]: DirectoryDAO::initialize QThread(0x562e70bc8b50, name = "Main") "qt_sql_default_connection"
Debug [Main]: LibraryHashDAO::initialize QThread(0x562e70bc8b50, name = "Main") "qt_sql_default_connection"
Debug [Main]: Default quick links: ("/home/patrick/Downloads/", "/home/patrick/Music/", "/home/patrick/Desktop/", "/home/patrick/Documents/")
Debug [Main]: Appending Quick Link: "Downloads" --- "/home/patrick/Downloads/"
Debug [Main]: Appending Quick Link: "Music" --- "/home/patrick/Music/"
Debug [Main]: Appending Quick Link: "Desktop" --- "/home/patrick/Desktop/"
Debug [Main]: Appending Quick Link: "Documents" --- "/home/patrick/Documents/"
Debug [Main]: Committing transaction on "qt_sql_default_connection" result: true
Debug [Main]: Traktor Library Location=[ "/home/patrick/collection.nml" ]
Debug [Main]: Checking for access to user's library directories:
Debug [Main]: Checking for access to "/home/patrick/Downloads" : true
Debug [Main]: AnalyserWaveform::AnalyserWaveform()
Debug [Main]: Setting VAMP_PATH to: "/usr/lib/mixxx/plugins/vamp"
Debug [Main]: Creating ControllerManager
Debug [Main]: Extension ".bulk.xml" total 1 presets
Debug [Main]: Extension ".hid.xml" total 10 presets
Debug [Main]: Extension ".midi.xml" total 93 presets
Warning [Main]: QOpenGLFunctions created with non-current context
Debug [Main]: RLimit Cur 0
Debug [Main]: RLimit Max 0
Debug [Main]: slotSetRateRange 2 0.1
Debug [Main]: slotSetRateRange 2 0.1
Debug [Main]: Setting VAMP_PATH to: "/usr/lib/mixxx/plugins/vamp:/usr/lib/mixxx/plugins/vamp"
Debug [Main]: VampPluginLoader::listPlugins() returned 4 plugins
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "mixxxbpmdetection:0" "SoundTouch BPM Detector (Legacy)"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:0" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:1" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:2" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:3" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:0" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:1" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:2" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:3" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-tempotracker:0" "Queen Mary Tempo and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-tempotracker:1" "Queen Mary Tempo and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-tempotracker:2" "Queen Mary Tempo and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Setting VAMP_PATH to: "/usr/lib/mixxx/plugins/vamp:/usr/lib/mixxx/plugins/vamp:/usr/lib/mixxx/plugins/vamp"
Debug [Main]: VampPluginLoader::listPlugins() returned 4 plugins
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "mixxxbpmdetection:0" "SoundTouch BPM Detector (Legacy)"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:0" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:1" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:2" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-barbeattracker:3" "Bar and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:0" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:1" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:2" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-keydetector:3" "Queen Mary Key Detector"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-tempotracker:0" "Queen Mary Tempo and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-tempotracker:1" "Queen Mary Tempo and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: Plugin output displayname: "qm-tempotracker:2" "Queen Mary Tempo and Beat Tracker"
Debug [Main]: DlgPrefKey::loadSettings
Debug [Main]: Key plugin ID: "qm-keydetector:2"
Debug [Main]: ControllerManager::getControllerList
Debug [Main]: ConfigObject: Could not read ""
Debug [Main]: Set root GL Context widget valid: QGLWidget(0x562e98bbd170) true
Debug [Main]: Created root GL Context valid: 0x562e73615070 true
Debug [Main]: Root GL Context format:
Debug [Main]: Double Buffering: true
Debug [Main]: Swap interval: 0
Debug [Main]: Depth buffer: true
Debug [Main]: Direct rendering: true
Debug [Main]: Has overlay: false
Debug [Main]: RGBA: true
Debug [Main]: Sample buffers: false
Debug [Main]: Samples: -1
Debug [Main]: Stencil buffers: true
Debug [Main]: Stereo: false
Debug [Main]: LegacySkinParser loading skin: "/usr/share/mixxx/skins/LateNight"
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Spinny1]" , "show_spinny" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Spinny1],show_spinny" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Spinny2]" , "show_spinny" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Spinny2],show_spinny" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Spinny3]" , "show_spinny" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Spinny3],show_spinny" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Spinny4]" , "show_spinny" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Spinny4],show_spinny" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Microphone]" , "show_microphone" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Microphone],show_microphone" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[MicrophoneRack]" , "show" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[MicrophoneRack],show" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[EffectRack1]" , "show" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[EffectRack1],show" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Samplers]" , "show_samplers" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Samplers],show_samplers" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Vinylcontrol]" , "show_vinylcontrol" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Vinylcontrol],show_vinylcontrol" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[PreviewDeck]" , "show_previewdeck" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[PreviewDeck],show_previewdeck" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Master]" , "show_mixer" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Master],show_mixer" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Master]" , "show_eqs" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Master],show_eqs" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Master]" , "show_mics" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Master],show_mics" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Master]" , "view_curpage" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Master],view_curpage" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Library]" , "show_coverart" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Library],show_coverart" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Library]" , "show_current" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Library],show_current" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Master]" , "show_4decks" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Master],show_4decks" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Spinny]" , "show_spinnies" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Spinny],show_spinnies" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Library]" , "show_library" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Library],show_library" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Master]" , "maximize_library" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Master],maximize_library" Creating it.
Debug [Main]: "Error: Unable to import console: no such extension"
Debug [Main]: "Error: Unable to import svg: no such extension"
Debug [Main]: Skin is a >=1.12.0 style skin.
Debug [Main]: Recordings folder set to "/home/patrick/Music/Mixxx/Recordings"
Debug [BrowseThread]: Append last 1
Debug [Main]: BaseTrackCache(0x562e73301130) updateIndexWithQuery took 2 ms
Debug [Main]: AnalysisLibraryTableModel(0x562e9a9b9cc0) select() took 40 ms 0
Debug [Main]: DlgAnalysis(0x562e9a590270, name="DlgAnalysis") analysisActive false
Warning [Main]: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (TextColor1/WKey) Negative sizes (-1,0) are not possible
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[VinylControl]" , "show_vinylcontrol" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[VinylControl],show_vinylcontrol" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (TextColor3/WKey) Negative sizes (-1,0) are not possible
Debug [Main]: WSpinny(): Created QGLWidget, Context Valid: true Sharing: true
Debug [Main]: Created QGLWidget. Context Valid: true Sharing: true
Debug [Main]: WaveformWidgetFactory::setWaveformWidget - waveform widget added in factory, index 0
Debug [Main]: WaveformWidgetFactory::setWaveformWidget - waveform widget added in factory, index 1
Debug [Main]: WaveformWidgetFactory::setWaveformWidget - waveform widget added in factory, index 2
Debug [Main]: WaveformWidgetFactory::setWaveformWidget - waveform widget added in factory, index 3
Warning [Main]: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (TextColor2/WKey) Negative sizes (-1,0) are not possible
Warning [Main]: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (TextColor4/WKey) Negative sizes (-1,0) are not possible
Warning [Main]: ControlDoublePrivate::getControl returning NULL for ( "[Library]" , "show_library_tab_small" )
Warning [Main]: Requested control does not exist: "[Library],show_library_tab_small" Creating it.
Warning [Main]: WLabel(0x562e9a2d4250, name="PreviewLabel") does not have a property named "layoutAlignment"
Debug [Main]: Setting visibility for "[PreviewDeck]" "show_previewdeck" true
Debug [Main]: Setting visibility for "[Library]" "show_coverart" true
Debug [Main]: MixxxLibraryFeature::activate()
Debug [Main]: WSearchLineEdit::restoreSearch( "" )
Debug [Controller]: ControllerManager: Setting up devices
Debug [Controller]: Scanning PortMIDI devices:
Debug [Main]: Starting LibraryScanner thread.
Debug [Main]: SoundManager::setupDevices()
Debug [LibraryScanner 1]: LibraryHashDAO::initialize LibraryScanner(0x562ea61bd7d0, name = "LibraryScanner 1") "LIBRARY_SCANNER"
Debug [Main]: SoundDeviceNetwork::open() "Network stream"
Debug [Main]: framesPerBuffer: 1024
Debug [LibraryScanner 1]: CueDAO::initialize LibraryScanner(0x562ea61bd7d0, name = "LibraryScanner 1") "LIBRARY_SCANNER"
Debug [Main]: Requested sample rate: 44100 Hz, latency: 23.22 ms
Debug [LibraryScanner 1]: TrackDAO::initialize LibraryScanner(0x562ea61bd7d0, name = "LibraryScanner 1") "LIBRARY_SCANNER"
Debug [Main]: SoundDevicePortAudio::open() "0, HDA Intel HDMI: 0 (hw:0,3)"
Debug [Main]: framesPerBuffer: 1024
Debug [LibraryScanner 1]: DirectoryDAO::initialize LibraryScanner(0x562ea61bd7d0, name = "LibraryScanner 1") "LIBRARY_SCANNER"
Debug [Main]: Requested sample rate: 44100 Hz, latency: 23.22 ms
Debug [LibraryScanner 1]: LibraryScanner event loop starting.
Debug [Main]: Output channels: 6 | Input channels: 0
Debug [Main]: Opening stream with id 0
Debug [Main]: Opened PortAudio stream successfully... starting
Debug [Main]: Dynamically loaded PortAudio library
Debug [Main]: PortAudio: Started stream successfully
Debug [Main]: Actual sample rate: 44100 Hz, latency: 23.22 ms
Debug [Main]: Using "HDA Intel HDMI: 0 (hw:0,3)" as output sound device clock reference
Debug [Main]: 2 output sound devices opened
Debug [Main]: 0 input sound devices opened
Debug [Main]: Displaying mixxx
Debug [Main]: Running Mixxx
Debug []: SSE: Enabling denormals to zero mode
Debug []: SSE: Enabling flush to zero mode
Debug []: SSE: Denormals to zero mode is working
Debug [Controller]: Scanning USB Bulk devices:
Debug [Controller]: Scanning HID devices:
Debug [Controller]: Found "" "" "r1280" S/N "" "Interface 0"
Warning [Controller]: USB permissions problem (or device error.) Your account needs write access to USB HID controllers.
Debug [Controller]: Found "" "" "r1280" S/N "" "Interface 1"
Warning [Controller]: USB permissions problem (or device error.) Your account needs write access to USB HID controllers.
Debug [Controller]: ControllerManager::getControllerList
Debug [Controller]: Controller polling stopped.
Warning [Main]: QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefined
Warning [Main]: QOpenGLContext::swapBuffers() called with non-exposed window, behavior is undefined
Debug [Main]: MixxxLibraryFeature::activate()
Debug [Main]: LibraryTableModel(0x562e71080710) select() took 5 ms 183
Debug [Main]: WSearchLineEdit::restoreSearch( "" )
Debug [Main]: Successfully deserialized BeatGrid
Debug [Main]: Successfully deserialized KeyMap
Debug [Main]: WCoverArt::slotCoverFound WCoverArt(0x562e734d5060) "CoverInfo(METADATA,GUESSED,,59056,/home/patrick/Downloads/Ktube/Music/Bahramji feat. Elea - Flying Carpet-fqM9a9EZ0E4.mp3)" QSize(300, 225)
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Prioritizing "Bahramji feat. Elea - Flying Carpet-fqM9a9EZ0E4" "/home/patrick/Downloads/Ktube/Music/Bahramji feat. Elea - Flying Carpet-fqM9a9EZ0E4.mp3"
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Analyzing "Bahramji feat. Elea - Flying Carpet-fqM9a9EZ0E4" "/home/patrick/Downloads/Ktube/Music/Bahramji feat. Elea - Flying Carpet-fqM9a9EZ0E4.mp3"
Debug [Main]: WSpinny::slotCoverFound WSpinny(0x562ea03c6bd0, name = "SpinnySingleton2") "CoverInfo(METADATA,GUESSED,,59056,/home/patrick/Downloads/Ktube/Music/Bahramji feat. Elea - Flying Carpet-fqM9a9EZ0E4.mp3)" QSize(300, 225)
Warning [Engine]: VisualPlayPosition: Audio API provides invalid time stamps, waveform syncing disabled. DacTime: 12243.9 EntrytoDac: 23922
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: AnalysisDAO fetched 2 analyses, 3597684 bytes for track 176 in 79 ms
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Reading waveform from byte array: allSignalSize 408458 visualSampleRate 441 audioVisualRatio 108.844
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Reading waveform from byte array: allSignalSize 3842 visualSampleRate 4.14594 audioVisualRatio 11577.6
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: AnalyserWaveform::loadStored - Stored waveform loaded
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Beat calculation will not start
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Keys version/sub-version unchanged since previous analysis. Not analyzing.
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Key calculation will not start.
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Skipping track analysis because no analyzer initialized.
Debug [Main]: Committing transaction on "qt_sql_default_connection" result: true
Debug [Main]: guess the size of the window decoration
Soulbrother

Postby Be. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Soulbrother wrote:Debug [Main]: SoundDevicePortAudio::open() "0, HDA Intel HDMI: 0 (hw:0,3)"

You have the output configured as your HDMI output. You probably want the analog output, which is usually hw:0,0.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby sarettaT » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:15 pm

JosepMa wrote:@sarettaT: What you describe reminds me of one of the problems that were present with Mixxx 2.0, Windows and some badly formatted m4a files. So if you play mp4 files instead of mp3, flacs or other formats, the problem might be in the file.
Version 2.1.x improved on that so I recommend upgrading and see if this solves the issue.

@Soulbrother: Please, locate the log file ( see here https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/finding ... x.log_file ), and attach it here in a new post. What you describe seems as if the soundcard is never initialized. It could also happen that you use a samplerate or latency that is not supported by your audio hardware.
Also, on Linux, you also might have problems due to pulseaudio not allowing you to access the soundcard directly with ALSA.

We would be able to discard some cases with the log file.

Thank you for your feedback I'm not convinced the files themselves or the version of Mixx I am using is the issue here though. I have played the same files before and never had an issue. As I said in my original post, the issue has only occurred since reinstalling Mixx 2.0.0 In one case it was an M4A file that wouldn't produce any sound output, but I just tried the same thing with a FLAC file (the majority of the music I have in MIXX is in this format) and the same thing happened. For some reason deck 2 just loaded them and played them without audio output. When I shut down Mixx, reopen it again I can play the files just fine - until the next time one or other deck plays up. I read somewhere it may be due to keyboard shortcuts being enabled - I switched them off though and am still having the same issue. I could try the new version if you really think this would resolve the issue (I understand this is now stable) it's just it will be a lot of work to recreate all my playlists and I don't want to go down this route if there's another problem that's causing this. If anyone has any other thoughts on this issue and what could be the problem, I'd be interested to hear from them. BTW I am using Windows 10.
sarettaT

Postby sarettaT » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 am

OK, well I now installed the newer 2.1.5 version of Mixxx. Good news is it automatically reinstalled my playlists which is brilliant - didn't realist it would be so easy. We'll see how this goes in terms of resolving the issues described earlier. I'll feedback with any issues.
sarettaT

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ