Tablet

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Tablet

Postby alspaine » Tue May 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Is there anyway I can use this software on my tablet.
alspaine

Re: Tablet

Postby Be. » Tue May 15, 2018 4:18 pm

If your tablet runs Android or iOS, no. If your tablet runs GNU/Linux or Windows, kinda, but Mixxx's user interface is not designed for touch screens. I recently got a touchscreen laptop, so I hope to start working on adding some more touchscreen features in the next couple months, but my focus will be on supplementing the experience of using Mixxx with a laptop and controller rather than making Mixxx entirely usable with just a touchscreen.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby 3x5 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:35 pm

I think Deere is actually pretty close to multitouch support, if I scale up my UI to 150%. These are the tweaks that I think would help:

[*]Simulate right-click with shift-touch. This could even be accomplished outside of Mixxx.
[*]Turn the gain and filter knobs into faders.
[*]Create more space around the kill buttons.

I would also move the library to the top, with controls on the bottom. Then, if you have a touchscreen laptop, you can use the keyboard and the touchscreen together. Controls on the bottom mean less pressure on the screen.
3x5

Postby Be. » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:50 pm

I haven't worked on adding any new touchscreen specific features since my earlier post in this thread, but touch support is improved in Mixxx 2.2 since switching to Qt5. Touch input on the scrolling and overview waveforms works nicely with Qt5. Since my controllers do not have jog wheels, I primarily use touching the overview waveforms for seeking when previewing tracks in headphones.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby 3x5 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:34 pm

I would also make the interface symmetrical: channel pitch control would be all the way to the left, and so would play/pause et cetera. This way, they're more accessible with your thumbs.
3x5

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ