Welcome to the Localization forum

Translating Mixxx into your language

Moderator: garth

Welcome to the Localization forum

Postby jus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:45 pm

In this forum, we can discuss translations, share ideas and offer advice. Furthermore, we hope this will create a space to share information on how to maximize Localization efforts.

Why translate?
Mixxx is written and documented in English, and uses English for communication between developers, maintainers and users from all countries.
However, English is not the primary language of most people, and they are more comfortable with their own native language.

Translating helps to reach a wider audience, provides a better user experience, and you can DJ using Mixxx in your mother tongue.

Mixxx is translated in more than 50 languages. As of today, only some of them are more than 50% complete.
We will appreciate your help in achieving 100% translation for as many languages as possible.

Quickstart
This guide will show how to make changes using Transifex, our translation site, in order to translate strings.

1. Sign up for a free translator account at Transifex, or use your existing social network credentials to login.
  2. Log in, and go to the Mixxx Translation Project Overview for a list of all available projects.
    Currently the Mixxx DJ application itself, and the Mixxx manual is available for translation.
  3. Select your language, look at the untranslated strings, and start submitting translations.
  4. Translations are periodically synced back to the Mixxx source code
That's it! If you have any questions, please ask.

Give me all the details
Detailed translation instructions and resources can be found at: http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/internationalization

Mixxx DJ application 1.12 translation statistics - Live numbers
Top translations: mixxxdj » github-master

The image lists an excerpt of the translation status of the top languages for the next version of Mixxx.
The percentage defines how complete the translations currently are compared to the main resource file.
Last edited by jus on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the Mixxx manual to the list of translatable content
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.

Find out how to contribute to Mixxx development.
jus
Mixxx Artist

Re: Welcome to the Localization forum

Postby jus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:01 pm

We added the existing Mixxx Manual to the list of translatable content.

Dont hesitate to jump right in, and help translating the Manual, or the application itself.
If you have any questions - ask away.
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.

Find out how to contribute to Mixxx development.
jus
Mixxx Artist

Oops... I'm translate wiki on an individual basis

Postby Manzyun » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello, jus.

I'm mapping and scripting of Numark NV.

By the way, I can't Wiki document understand too. Because, I'm not English native(I'm Japanese).
Because so, I'm translate Wiki documents on an individual basic(work in progress).

Here this: Mixxx Wiki Japanese Translation 0.0.1 ドキュメント https://manzyun.github.io/mixxx_wiki_tr ... github.io/

Perhaps, Do you want another translating approach?

I will happy get your answer.

Thank you.
Manzyun

Postby Be. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Thank you for offering to translate the wiki. I think it would be better to keep the translations on the mixxx.org server so it is all in one place and easy for anyone to contribute. The Mixxx wiki uses DocuWiki, which has a translation plugin. I will ask on the mailing list if this plugin could be installed on the server.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby Manzyun » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:16 pm

I was late to say thank you.
Be. wrote:I will ask on the mailing list if this plugin could be installed on the server.

It's very helpful!. thank you Be.!
Manzyun

Postby Be. » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:32 am

The DocuWiki translation plugin was installed after the website was having trouble recently. You can now start a translation for a wiki page by clicking one of the links at the bottom of the page and editing the new page.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Return to Localization