About samplers and LateNight

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

About samplers and LateNight

Postby the-smooth-operator » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:43 am

Hi all,
I'm already using Mixxx for a while and after make some customizations I really like it.
However there are still 2 things which I couldn't make working:
- Saving/Loading samplers: When I was using the "Deere" skin, I could use a save/load button to keep the state of my loaded samplers. However in the "LateNight" skin the button is not available. I tried looking into keyboard shortcuts and program options. Most likely this can be done somehow, because the option is implemented by the Mixxx core. Please can you tell me how can I save/load the samplers without being dependent on the selected skin?
- I've read in the forum and documentation that its possible to have more than 4 samplers loaded at the same time (I was able to make it from Deere skin using different banks), however I am not able to do it from LateNight or using the mouse/keyboard. Can you help me also with that?

Thanks in advance.
the-smooth-operator

Re: About samplers and LateNight

Postby Zwinto » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:38 am

To add more sample decks you need to edit "C:\Program Files\Mixxx\skins\LateNight16S\skin.xml , find the line where it says "<attribute config_key="[Master],num_samplers">4</attribute> "
And change that to whatever number you like.

Then edit the "C:\Program Files\Mixxx\skins\LateNight16S\sampler_decks.xml" ..you'll see what to do there.. you need to copy and paste basically to make more decks (dont forget to number them ..
Zwinto

Postby the-smooth-operator » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:24 am

Hi Zwinto,

thanks for your reply, I could add more sampler decks!
In Linux I just edited the file /usr/share/mixxx/skins/LateNight/sampler_decks.xml adding as many sampler decks as I want.

As for the other question: do you know how can I load and save the sampler deck state from LateNight? I suppose that this is possible since it is possible in Deere skin.
the-smooth-operator

Postby the-smooth-operator » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi,

I found how the samplers are saved and loaded. These options are controlled by [Sampler],SaveSamplerBank and [Sampler],LoadSamplerBank, so for using it is enough to map them to your keyboard or controller.
I hope this can help others.
the-smooth-operator

Postby SelectahRay » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi. I'm working on various customisations for keyboard only access for blind users like myself so i definitely will try out that one. When saving. does the option come up to name the sampler bank?
SelectahRay

Return to General Discussion