Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby Dadj » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Any new of the linux build?
Dadj

Postby dg3nec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:32 pm

To Information:
Same latest alphas has produced a big stutter. I use Numark DJ-IO interface, W7/64. Now the problem is solved. I have installed the newest drivers Asio4all and the newest from Numark.

Another Tipp:
AutoDJ fades in wrong direction in moment. Workaround: Go in Setup-Crossfader and change the direktion. (@Team: When you fix this, have a eye on this point also)
dg3nec

Postby dg3nec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Setup -> Crossfader -> change direction:
You can set it up and it works. At next start mixxx you see in setup that the direction is changed, but the fader works normal with normal direction. You must set it up at all starts mixxx.

Skin Latenight:
There is a clock in the mixer. Nice. But i am german. With language settings, "System" or "German", it show's am/pm. Not so nice. And before anyone ask, yes we can also read the time in this format, but its not our normal usage. Can it be changed?If yes: who to?
Song titel in the Deck: If songname longer as possible, cut is left. I will see begining left. So the right must be cuted. Can i change this? Reason: Songname often filled with informations like (Remix) (feats...blabla) and so on at the end. Thats not so intresting for me.
dg3nec

Postby rryan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 pm

dg3nec wrote:Setup -> Crossfader -> change direction:
You can set it up and it works. At next start mixxx you see in setup that the direction is changed, but the fader works normal with normal direction. You must set it up at all starts mixxx.

Weird -- that's not intended. Could you file a bug for this?

dg3nec wrote:There is a clock in the mixer. Nice. But i am german. With language settings, "System" or "German", it show's am/pm. Not so nice. And before anyone ask, yes we can also read the time in this format, but its not our normal usage. Can it be changed?If yes: who to?

Ah, right. We should support time format preferences. Can you file a bug for that too?

dg3nec wrote:Song titel in the Deck: If songname longer as possible, cut is left. I will see begining left. So the right must be cuted. Can i change this? Reason: Songname often filled with informations like (Remix) (feats...blabla) and so on at the end. Thats not so intresting for me.

This is a bug with the LateNight skin. Can you confirm it doesn't happen in Deere?
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby midzer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 pm

rryan wrote:
midzer wrote:Hi all.

First post to the forums :)

With mixxx-master-git4670-x64.exe i encountered a crash after drag and dropping a track in left deck.
Both decks were stopped at that time.

Log: See attachment.

Minor visual flaw:
While drag and dropping (left mouse is hold) waveform of the running deck becames very laggy.

Could I ask you to get a stack trace or run the debug diagnostic tool?
Details here: http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/reporting_bugs#windows

Argh. Debug Diagnostic Tool did not throw a message that it actually created a dump + log.

Now i checked respective folder and found those logs :D
Incase you need full (or mini) dump. I can up elsewhere.

See attached file for logs of 2 crashes.
Attachments
logs.zip
(7.88 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
midzer

Postby midzer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:04 pm

New testing with mixxx-master-git4699-x64.exe:

After mixing into a new track Channel Volume Meter is not refreshed any more (it idles at a specific position and does not change anymore although music is still playing).

Closing Mixer in Deere skin, pausing/restarting track or loading another track in deck does not help. The meter is continued stuck.
midzer

Postby ywwg » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Dadj wrote:Any new of the linux build?

We are working on upgrading the build server so we can create linux builds.
ywwg

Postby t1mdthcs » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi

I tried to install the 32-bit and 64-bit version on Windows 7 Home premium SP1, but the installer stop while installing the Microsoft visual C++ Libraries at both versions.
t1mdthcs

Postby rryan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 pm

t1mdthcs wrote:Hi

I tried to install the 32-bit and 64-bit version on Windows 7 Home premium SP1, but the installer stop while installing the Microsoft visual C++ Libraries at both versions.

Did you see any error messages or other diagnostic output?
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby cobra » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi. I tried to install mixxx 1.12(x64) on Windows 8.1 pro (x64) and I got the message of installing Microsoft visual C++ Libraries, I click okay but it said you need administrator privileges, so I run mixxx as a administrator but it didn't work.
I logged on administrator account and this time I tried to install mixxx 1.12 (x86) and wow!. It did install.
While mixxx 1.12 is open there is also a windows open (mixxx debug messages). I don't know if it is normal.
Toshiba Satellite M305-S4910
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6400
4GB SDRAM
Windows 8.1 Pro
cobra

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion