Moderator: garth

Re: mixxx and raspberry pi

Postby webbes » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:47 am

You can run Mixxx perfectly fine a a Raspberry Pi 3:
https://mertarauh.com/2017/04/22/raspberry-pi-3-hifi-dj-mixxx-with-pifi-dac/
webbes

Postby uk_martin » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:26 am

I wonder if someone in the Mixxx community will follow the Kodi example, and sell "off the shelf" Raspberry Pi's with Raspberian and Mixxx pre-installed, configured, (in a case?) and ready to use?
uk_martin

Postby Zwinto » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:43 am

I built in an BananaPi in my numark mixtrack pro and posted it here a few years ago ( 2016 ) and it still works great.
Linux boot right into Mixxx and there has been no problems what so ever.
Here's a video of the first boot :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMm-aY_37ag&t=42s

What I would like to see in the future is a version of mixxx for iPAD... that would be soooo sweet... :)
Zwinto

Postby schlizbaeda » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:58 am

Hi @Zwinto,

how does the USB sound card inside your Numark Mixtrack Pro controller enumerate on USB? Is it recognized as a USB Audio Class device? Can ALSA access the sound card?

I have got a Pioneer DDJ ERGO-V which works on Windows 7 but I couldn't get it run on Linux. I'm planning to buy another controller which can be installed easily on a linux PC and also on a SBC like the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks!
schlizbäda
schlizbaeda

Postby rollingvalleyradio » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:55 pm

Has anyone tried this?

Is it workable to connect two cheapie USB audio adapters to an RPi, (like the $8.00 SABRENT device found on Amazon et al) and set the Mixxx config to route one deck to each, allowing the ability to control levels on a plain ol' analog mixer? I know on more substantial computers with a soundcard it can be done, but how about two separate dongles on a humble little Razz running Raspbian?

The intent is to use Mixxx in low-power community radio where most folks are more used to faders and knobs in front of them, rather than segueing songs by hitting D-G-G-G-G on a keyboard.

I did see Taxicletter's comment from 2017, but am wondering if things have improved since. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
rollingvalleyradio

Postby Be. » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 am

You could do that, but you generally get what you pay for with audio interfaces. I'd suggest getting a controller with a built in audio interface instead. Or if you already have a hardware mixer, you could get a better audio interface than super cheap devices from little known/unknown brands on Amazon.
Mixxx is free because it's yours!

I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby patchtheuniform » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:27 am

Not sure if this is relevant, but it looks pretty bad ass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MIXXX/comments ... ontroller/
patchtheuniform

Previous

Return to General Discussion