How To Contribute to Mixxx Development

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: How To Contribute to Mixxx Development

Postby lcmemusic » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 am

Can I just recommend changes, since I don't how to, or have the time to do any coding?
lcmemusic

Postby rryan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 pm

lcmemusic wrote:Can I just recommend changes, since I don't how to, or have the time to do any coding?

Sure! But please do it by filing bugs / feature requests on our bug tracker site, launchpad as mentioning them here is much less easy to manage for the team since we can't track duplicate requests or hold discussions about the particular request or bug.

Also, there is a lot you can do in our community to help as a non-software developer -- see the first section of the original post.

Cheers,
RJ Ryan
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby cobra » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 am

Hi everybody. I am new to this forum. I like Mixxx. It is an excelent software.
I wish Mixxx showed the total length of the songs that you add to auto DJ and to the library . For example If I have 100 songs on auto DJ queue, I don't know how many hours of music will play the songs.
Thanks.
cobra

Postby vornez » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Does anyone have a Visual Studio 10 version of the Source Code for Mixxx, including the project file? I want to work on it tho my experience with linux sourcode is that even when utilising the windows building website for mixxx, successful compilation requires many lines of code to be changed. Many Thanks.
vornez

Postby daschuer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 am

The source is compilable with windows. MIxxx is a cross platform project from its root :-)
You can follow http://www.mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/compiling_on_windows to build it on windows.
If there are issues with this guide. Please ask on [email protected].
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby daschuer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 am

You can use http://webchat.freenode.net/ or any IRC client you like
More info you will find here: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby injectedfusion » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Hello Mixxx dev community! I'm a hobby (fledgling) python programmer and DJ (who isn't? Haha) and was recently checking out the tech news about other software coming out with new features. Anyways I suddenly had this idea that I thought it would be cool to incorporate the MixCloud and SoundCloud APIs into Mixxx and provide a feature where users to upload their sets directly from Mixxx. I don't any C++ and I figured maybe I'd download the source code and try to learn it or just try to build in the feature myself. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
injectedfusion

Postby tapir » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:09 pm

Audio data is fed into Mixxx by implementing the SoundSource/AudioSource API. You can find the base classes and some file-based implementations in mixxx/src/sources and mixxx/plugins when checking out the current development branch master.

Please let me know if we need to adapt or extend these interfaces for streaming purposes.
tapir
Mixxx Developer

Postby MichaelJespersen » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Is there a way to make a donation to support you guys (web space, build system, ...)? Mixxx is a great piece of software!
MichaelJespersen

Postby AndyC » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:55 am

I feel quite strongly that when you mouse over a title on one of the samplers, the tooltip should provide the full title of the sample. This is because the names often run off of the title display area and if you are like me, and have several samples by the same artist, it can get very confusing to know which is which. The :hover tooltip is fairly useless as it is.
AndyC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion