Getting Started with Sampler

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Getting Started with Sampler

Postby Space » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Hello,

I'm brand new here and completely new to DJing. I'm just using my laptop for now and hope to get a controller in the near future. I'm assuming this is a dumb question but I can't figure out how to get started with the sampler. I initially thought samples came with the program but I'm gathering that I have to download them somewhere. Can someone please direct me on how to get started with this and where a good place to find these might be? I was hoping to be able to get good mix of sounds but mainly drums and percussion. I didn't even know what a sampler was until yesterday.

Thanks, I would really appreciate it.
Space

Re: Getting Started with Sampler

Postby Wolf7 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:13 pm

Space wrote:Hello,

I'm brand new here and completely new to DJing. I'm just using my laptop for now and hope to get a controller in the near future. I'm assuming this is a dumb question but I can't figure out how to get started with the sampler. I initially thought samples came with the program but I'm gathering that I have to download them somewhere. Can someone please direct me on how to get started with this and where a good place to find these might be? I was hoping to be able to get good mix of sounds but mainly drums and percussion. I didn't even know what a sampler was until yesterday.

Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

You should probably go to Goa, India. There is a great hippy culture of Djing where you can develop your skills.
Wolf7

Postby OsZ » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:16 pm

You may have heard of google or other web search engines... "free DJ samples" will give results and some are eventually really good.
OsZ

Postby Saime1971 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:36 pm

OsZ wrote:You may have heard of google or other web search engines... "free DJ samples" will give results and some are eventually really good.

Yes. I get some great samples searching in Google itself. Give it a go.
Saime1971

Return to General Discussion