Saving speed once adjusted by the slider

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Saving speed once adjusted by the slider

Postby Ewart » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:24 am

Hello All,

I'm new to Mixxx. I would like to know if it is possible to save the speed of a song once adjusted using the sliders. This will save me the trouble of adjusting the speed every time I play the song.

Currently I am using Audacity to adjust the tempo & exporting the changed version of the MP3.

Thanks & Best Regards
Ewart
Ewart

Re: Saving speed once adjusted by the slider

Postby Be. » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:12 pm

No, the speed slider is not meant to be used this way. The speed slider is intended for adjusting the speed of a track to match another track that is loaded, so its state depends on what other track(s) are playing at that time, which could be different every time the track is played.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby daschuer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:13 pm

No, sorry Mixxx can't do this jet.
What is your use case?
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby Ewart » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:21 am

Thanks for the reply guys !

I'm trying to build up my set of songs for Jiving. I find that some songs are too fast to dance like some songs from Shakin Stevens. So I'd like to slow them down to a manageable speed for dancing, put them all in Auto DJ & then let them play one after the other with their predefined speeds. I can't do this live as it will be very odd for people Jiving on the floor i.e. when the song starts off very fast & then the speed is reduced while the song is being played ! At the same time I do not want all the songs to be played at the same speed as it will be very monotonous.

Hope I'm a bit more clear.
Thanks again.
Ewart
Ewart

Postby daschuer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:37 am

That sounds reasonable.
I can imagine that you or another contributor is able to hack something up for it.

Please file a bug at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+filebug
And include you use case.

The poor man's solution is to store the preferred BPM in the comment column and adjust the track manually.

Later we may add a column that holds the preferred speed, which is updated and loaded automatically.

With the bug we can also track if this is a common feature request suit for a Mixxx release or if this can live in a special branch for ballroom DJs.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Return to General Discussion