Start Stop Adjustment Feature?

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Start Stop Adjustment Feature?

Postby Chaleses » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:02 am

Hi im new to the forum, im very interested on mixxx software i think it is a very powerfull tool for mixing that has encouraged me to use it everytime. :mrgreen:

So i was reading the wiki and found nothing about start stop adjustment or if theres a setting(or knob) to adjust the speed of the start/stop of a deck. like the cdj future that is separated on 2 knobs on the high end models; this to achieve a vinyl effect of the song slowing down.
If anyone know how to achieve this effect without using timecodes or if i can map this feature to a controller via midi could help me.

Thank you!

and sorry for my basic english :oops: :oops:
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Chaleses

Re: Start Stop Adjustment Feature?

Postby daschuer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:21 am

Some controller mappings have this feature integrated. Unfortunately this was not yet moved to the c++ engine code.
There is an open wishlist bug at Launchpad.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1692261

There are also some implementation hints, waiting for someone with interests to implement it.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Re: Start Stop Adjustment Feature?

Postby Chaleses » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:40 pm

What controller exactly have this mapping?
Just to know if i can copy somehow to make it work on my controller.

I'd like to help to implement it but I lack of c++ skills. I can barely modify the xml with notepad to modify basic things on skins.

I'm working currently on a standalone "CDJ" based on raspberry pi and arduino using mixxx as the software to do all basic deck functions. That's why I'm interested on this feature.

I can post some pics of the project if you want a sneek peak :)

Thank you for the soon reply.
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
Chaleses

Return to General Discussion