Suggestion to Delete Track on Deck Loaded

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Suggestion to Delete Track on Deck Loaded

Postby fohrums » Sat May 04, 2019 6:00 am

I use a digital mixer to find out if I still like tracks in my library. I would load tracks to test my mix, but ending up not liking it. Some of these tracks i've had for years, but I don't like it anymore (most likely because they're annoying now).

I was wondering if there could be a way to delete track on what ever deck it's loaded on. Ideally, by the use of a definable hotkey so whenever I ain't feeling the track it's gone by deleting it by using mixxx.

Thank You.
fohrums

Re: Suggestion to Delete Track on Deck Loaded

Postby Mixxx MIxxxermannn » Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm

on the deck itself?

Given how valuable that visual real estate is, I think a right click menu option would be a better way to go
Mixxx MIxxxermannn

Postby bestdani » Thu May 09, 2019 11:44 am

I would rather suggest you use the rating function and give all tracks you don't like a 1 star rating, then you can treat these tracks as you wish after the rating procedure using the sort by rating feature of the library, you can map the stars_up / stars_down functionality to any input you like.
bestdani

Postby fohrums » Fri May 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Is there a way to rate tracks in mixxx whether they're on deck or in the library? The option would be a rating from 1-5 with a definable hotkey along with context menu for both tracks loaded on deck and tracks in library.

The idea here is to rate tracks a user dislikes. So, that way the low rated tracks can be handled appropriately. Personally I'll delete tracks rated as "1".

%RATING% seems appropriate for the tag-mapping. Don't you think? :idea:
fohrums

Postby paleosonic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:32 pm

I wish the dev's gave the rating system some love!

A way of rating the tracks on deck is a must! Very often I use Auto DJ and/or am I searching other tracks in my collection.
Maybe you did not notice but current songs are removed from the playlist and are therefore f***n' hard to rate!

Another big omission in the rating system is the possibility to rate tracks in bulk. Just the single track has a rating option.
Imagine to rate an entire collection 3 stars and elevate good tracks to 4 or 5. Of course bad tracks, intro's and other unusable stuff get's the 1 or 2 star.

Please, please make same good rating features!
paleosonic

Postby daschuer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Which skin do you use? Some skins already have a deck rating widget.

In general, you are right that the rating feature can make use of some love. We need a contributor, who is able to spend some time on it.

We have already some related bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1277689
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1600481

If you ideas are already covered you can click that this bug effects you as well. Otherwise post a new bug with you ideas.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby paleosonic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:23 pm

Added myself to be affected by these bugs.
paleosonic

Return to General Discussion