Moving to new PC

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Moving to new PC

Postby JKJN » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello all
Which folders do I copy to the new PC, so that I can keep my playlists when installing Mixxx on the new PC?
Best regards
Jens
JKJN

Re: Moving to new PC

Postby JosepMa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello.

Currently, Mixxx stores all of its configuration in the Mixxx user folder.

This article on the wiki mentions the placement of this directory depending on your operating system:
https://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/trouble ... figuration

If you can copy your music in the same folder than in your current computer ( let's say, you had your music in C:\Music or in /media/music or whatever), and you can also have it there on your new computer, then you could copy the Mixxx user folder from the old computer to the new one at that same location, and when you start Mixxx on the new computer, it will look as it was on your older computer.

If you cannot use the same folder for your library, this action is not recommended because it will not find the tracks and you will need to rescan your library.

There is another option which is export playlists, but this generates a text file with absolute paths. You will need to edit this file to modify the paths so that they are correct on your new computer and then import the playlist.
(Export tracks is not really what you want, since that's more for preparing a playlist and putting it on an USB stick).
JosepMa

Re: Moving to new PC

Postby TechnoMan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:42 am

Can you tell me more about that or show video? Have some problems with this question
TechnoMan

Return to General Discussion