Mixxx 2.2 released

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 2.2 released

Postby Waverley » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Waverley wrote:Hey, great work as always!
I'm so happy Mixxx is actively being developed. I've been trying out 2.2.0 but haven't used it live yet because of a really tiny issue:

It looks like that songs selected in the library don't cause histories/crates to become bold faced if they are in the same thing. I'd sorely miss this feature as I really need it if I can't think of a next song; that way I can see where in my histories it appears and what I played after then.
I'm running Mixxx on a MacBook Air Mid 2012 on the newest macOS.

Other than that, again, amazing work.

Great work on 2.2.2! I've tested it a bit today, however the quoted problem still doesn't seem to be fixed. If I select a song in the library, the playlists/crates that it is in are not shown in bold. I'll have to downgrade to 2.1.8 again :/
Waverley

Postby tapir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:58 pm

All crates that contain all of the selected tracks should be highlighted. I agree that highlighting all creates that contain at least one of the selected tracks might be even more appropriate. Did this behavior change from 2.1 to 2.2?? But for a single, selected track this shouldn't matter. Otherwise we have an issue on macOS.

But I don't remember that we ever had such feature for playlists? History = playlists, i.e. no highlighting.
tapir
Mixxx Developer

Postby pi r squared » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 pm

tapir wrote:But I don't remember that we ever had such feature for playlists? History = playlists, i.e. no highlighting.

I can't remember what version of Mixxx is currently on my main laptop but I know that for definite on that version, songs are highlights in playlists and history as well as crates. I don't know if this has changed in a later version - I'll check next time I'm by my laptop what version I'm running.
pi r squared

Postby tapir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Oh, indeed, the code is still in place! But somehow inactive. I will report back what's going on here.
tapir
Mixxx Developer

Postby tapir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:43 pm

On Fedora I get the highlighting for playlists, I simply didn't use it:
Screenshot from 2019-08-16 21-36-20.png
Screenshot from 2019-08-16 21-36-20.png (15.33 KiB) Viewed 338 times

What's wrong with macOS then? Does the highlighting not work neither for crates nor for playlists? Then please file a bug, this is odd!

Unfortunately I'm not able to verify or fix it. Apple does not provide any support for cross-platform development.
tapir
Mixxx Developer

Postby tapir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:54 pm

First fix for 2.2.3 to get rid of some inconsistencies that confused me (see above) when selecting multiple tracks at once:

https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/2242

Highlighting of crates and playlists is only supported for single selected tracks.
tapir
Mixxx Developer

Postby Mixxx MIxxxermannn » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:58 pm

my ubuntu upgaded to 2.2.2 and mixxx hangs at the loading screen. Only rebooting can kill the process. I'll downgrade for now
Mixxx MIxxxermannn

Previous

Return to General Discussion