Mixxx 2.2 beta released

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 2.2 beta released

Postby Be. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am

Looking back at the screencast, it seems the artifact moves when you move the mouse while holding down the mouse button, which leads me to think that weird artifact is the mouse cursor. What should be happening is that the cursor gets set to a blank cursor (hidden) while the mouse button is held down. I don't know why that isn't working now, but I have two ideas for working around the bug. Please try these builds:
Build 1
Build 2

Thanks again for testing!
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:40 pm

To Be

No go on PR1913. Artifacts still there.

BUT

YAY

Artifacts are gone in PR1914

Wooo Hooo
RiotGrrrl

Postby Be. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Yay! If no new major bugs are reported in the next week, we'll make the release.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby daschuer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi RiotGrrrl

thank you for testing.
I am concerned that the root cause of your issue is still there.
Can you do the "idle Mixxx test" again and check the blinking behaviour of the cue button?
Start a track and pause it. Now the CUE button should blink in 500 ms on and 500 ms off.
Leave Mixxx alone and check if it is still blinking that nice after you are back.
Are the waveforms still smooth?

Interesting would be also if the blinking was effected in the original version where the controls are unresponsive.
I have a test build here trying to force it into that state faulty where the knobs are not following but effecting the output.
They are updated under a tootip overlay though .
Can you recall it from your memory if that was the case one your machine?

Do you have a screen saver, lock screen or standby mode enabled? Could the original issue be related to one of these states?

Kind regards

Daniel
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby sanmannor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:00 am

to Be -That build has not crashed in that build.
Will let you know if it happens .
sanmannor

Postby RiotGrrrl » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:00 pm

to daschuer

Can you do the "idle Mixxx test" again and check the blinking behaviour of the cue button? >>> DONE

Start a track and pause it. Now the CUE button should blink in 500 ms on and 500 ms off.
Leave Mixxx alone and check if it is still blinking that nice after you are back. No difference noted after 3 hours of idle

Are the waveforms still smooth? >>> Yes

Interesting would be also if the blinking was effected in the original version where the controls are unresponsive. >>> I don't remember any issue with the blinking in the first problematic build.

Do you have a screen saver, lock screen or standby mode enabled? >>> I have none of these.
RiotGrrrl

Postby daschuer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:30 am

Thank you for the info and the additional test efforts.

Can you keep an eye on the blinking cue buttons?
Just in case you did not trigger the event that originaly causes the broken knobs and sliders.

Thanks.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm

to daschuer

Yes, I will keep an eye on it. But just so you know I have used PR1914 on gigs for a total of over 6 hours now, plus prep time for the gigs and have not seen a problem with the blinking.

If I find time this weekend I will go back to a version that had the freezing problem and check the blinking.

Is there a way to keep two versions of Mixxx installed?
RiotGrrrl

Postby daschuer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:20 pm

You can install one version, and copy the installation folder. Than uninstall it and install a second one.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby saphirantcross » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:10 am

I was using Mixxx 2.2 for my purposes. The music analysis seems to have gotten a good kick in the pants faster than 2.4, that's a boon.

My only question: The Late Night theme seems to be missing the Ducking Strength knob. I can still address the control in MIDI on my controller, and all the other themes still have manual knobs for ducking present, so I don't suspect it's been removed proper from the program. Again, not a huge deal, I just mapped it on my controller.
saphirantcross

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion