Mixxx 2.2 beta released

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 2.2 beta released

Postby Be. » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:16 am

Do those numbers appear when moving other knobs with the mouse or just the microphone gain and ducking knobs? Do they appear when changing controls on your controller?
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Just Mic and Ducking show the numbers. Neither of those are control by the controller so I can't answer the second question.

I am reinstalling that version to check all the other knobs.
Last edited by RiotGrrrl on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiotGrrrl

Postby Be. » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Does it happen with other skins or just Tango? Does it happen with the builds from the build server at http://downloads.mixxx.org/builds/2.2/release/ ?

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I have a very heavy DJing schedule over the next two days. Having to uninstall and reinstall the test version and the version I know works (2.1.5) is something I don't have a lot of time to do.

Is there a way to keep to totally separate versions of MIXXX on my machine without having to do the the uninstall, reinstall shuffle?
RiotGrrrl

Postby RiotGrrrl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

The numbers appear on ALL knobs, but not the sliders.

>>> The numbers only appear when using the mouse to move the controls. When the controller is using to move the knobs the numbers do not appear.

The numbers appear using other Skins

The RC on the server has the original problem I reported, but not the numbers.

Extra info here is that before the fix for the original problem was done, the numbers did not appear, and the Mic control never got sluggish like the Eq controls did.
RiotGrrrl

Postby Be. » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Could you try this build? The recent changes to mouse & slider rendering have been changed in this build so they only apply on macOS.

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with how installation/uninstallation works on Windows, so I'm not sure if it's possible to have multiple Mixxx versions installed on Windows at the same time. If it is, it would be great if someone could add a section to the Testing wiki page describing how to do that.

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 pm

to Be

I ran this version for several hours and I just finished a 2.5 hour long gig. The freezing is completely gone. But, the weird screen artifacts (or whatever this is appearing) upon on doing Mouse Down and holding continuing to hold the mosue on the knobs is still there.

I am trying to make a video so you all can see it. But so far, even though the artifacts are white and easily seen by me, in a video they are black and hard to see.
RiotGrrrl

Postby sanmannor » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:09 pm

using build 2.2.0-rc (build 2.2 r6620) Latenight skinn but switching skinns does not help.
I am using a ddj-sb2 controller on windows 10 home x64.
mixer section crashes on the comp, but still works in the controller. All other buttons work. I have uninstalled 2.2 a few time and installed the stable version, and the issue goes away.
I can not move any of the sliders or knobs with a mouse , and they do not move on screen when moved on the controller, but the sound changes appropriately. If I click the
If I exit and restart Mixxx it goes away. Have not figured out how to trigger it. But if mixxx is open for a long time it seems to happen...
when crashed if I click the crossfader assign button for each channel it will adjust the level of a slider, but not always the channel I clicked.
sanmannor

Postby Be. » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Please test the latest build from our Jenkins build server and let us know whether the issue with the with the strange visual artifacts when moving the knobs is fixed. This build now includes the same changes to the code as the build from AppVeyor I linked in my last post. I noticed that the issue with those visual artifacts were reported with AppVeyor builds but not the builds from our Jenkins build server, so I am hoping the Jenkins builds don't have the issue. If the bug is still there, please try testing the settings for hiding/showing tooltips in Preferences > Interface and let us know if that affects the artifacts.

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:07 am

To Be

The artifacts are still there in that build.

Changing the state of the Tooltips makes no difference.
RiotGrrrl

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion