Mixxx 2.2 beta released

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 2.2 beta released

Postby RiotGrrrl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

I will give it a try.

It will be a couple of days before I spin a full fledged gig. I will see if I can get it to happen just by playing wiht it...
RiotGrrrl

Postby RiotGrrrl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:13 pm

To be

>>>>Is it only the EQ knobs and volume faders that are affected? To clarify, moving the knobs and faders on your controller changes the audio, but not the widgets on screen? Do other parts of the GUI (buttons, other knobs, waveforms, library) continue to work? Has this occurred multiple times? Have you noticed any pattern of when that happens other than using Mixxx for a long time? What waveform renderer and sound API do you have configured?

>>Is it only the EQ knobs and volume faders that are affected? Yes

>>To clarify, moving the knobs and faders on your controller changes the audio, but not the widgets on screen? Yes

>> Do other parts of the GUI (buttons, other knobs, waveforms, library) continue to work? Yes

>> Has this occurred multiple times? Yes

>> Have you noticed any pattern of when that happens other than using Mixxx for a long time? No

>> What waveform renderer and sound API do you have configured? Waveform type = Filtered (GL) Waveform overview type = RGB Sound API = Windows WASAPI

hope that helps
RiotGrrrl

Postby RiotGrrrl » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm

But wait there is more...

I had the RC open on my PC. It was just sitting there. Not broadcasting, no music playing, etc. I went outside and did a couple hours of yard labor and I returned to find that NO control visually responds to anything I did on the controller. but all the things I did on the controller did effect the audio. Just as I described earlier. So, seems like the longer MIXXX 2.2 is open the worse the problem mentioned earlier gets.

AND, I figured I would look at preferences for a clue, and when I opened preferences the problems vanished.
RiotGrrrl

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:18 pm

to rryan

I have not been able to reproduce the problem using 2.2.0-beta r6595.

RG
RiotGrrrl

Postby rryan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 pm

RiotGrrrl wrote:to rryan

I have not been able to reproduce the problem using 2.2.0-beta r6595.

RG

Great, thanks a lot for testing! I'll get back to you with another build to try later today that might improve the issue.

Could you share the details of your laptop? What sort of CPU and how much RAM do you have? What's the typical RAM usage you see when using Mixxx? Are you anywhere near 100%?
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:10 pm

to rryan

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (2591.99 MHz)
Memory: 8000 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 14393)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 21.20.16.4821
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 416.34

I rarely see anywhere near 100% RAM usage even if I am running other things along with Mixxx. The problem I have found will happen even if Mixxx is the only open program, and it is just sitting there doing nothing.
RiotGrrrl

Postby rryan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:19 am

Great, thanks a lot for the info -- I think with that fast of a CPU / RAM / GPU Mixxx should be able to run comfortably.

Could you please try this build?
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/h ... se-x64.exe
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 am

to rryan

The build you asked me to try (2.2.0-rc-2.2-PR1897-git6617-release-x64.exe) also has the problem.

So, I went back to 2.1.5 because I have several gigs over the next 3 days. And, I noticed one other thing that might be a clue. That the motion of controls in 2.1.5 look very smooth, while the motion of those same control in the RCs is very jerking looking even right after I start the RC.
RiotGrrrl

Postby Be. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:44 am

Thank you for testing. Can you test this build please? There were a few small changes to the rendering of knobs and sliders that were not strictly necessary to solve the lag with mouse input on macOS. Those changed the timing of rerendering when receiving updates from a controller. We're not sure why those might be causing the issue you're reporting on Windows, but those have been reverted in this build. Hopefully this works well for each operating system.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!

Hear my mixes
Be.
Mixxx Developer

Postby RiotGrrrl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:43 am

Good news and bad news

I tried that build and the problem I was experiencing is gone. But now the Mic controls hardly respond and there is set of very tiny numbers I think appearing when you click on the control and try to move it. This is true on the MIc control and the Ducking control These numbers appeared white to me, but in the Gyaso they are black and hard to see. https://gyazo.com/de8fa30ea0fc0582b54ef52dc6c7147d
RiotGrrrl

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion