A word of thanks

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

A word of thanks

Postby torata » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:10 am

I'd like to say thanks to all those involved in the development of mixxx.

I've been using it since maybe 2007 (1.5 from memory), and use for teaching dance classes.
It had so many useful features for me - the link into iTunes, auto dj - with fade button added later on, key lock to slow down the songs when necessary.

But 2.1.1 is the best yet - an interface that fills the screen, resizable fonts, waveform overview clearly showing progress of the song. All visible to me from the dance floor, making life even easier.

So once again, a big thanks! Maybe one day I'll get round to doing a "dance teacher" simple skin...

torata
torata

Re: A word of thanks

Postby daschuer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:52 am

Thank you for you kind words.
It is always a pleasure to read success stories among all issues posted here.

We had recently some requests, for a simplified skin for dance classes and also radio DJs. I think a reason, we not have it already is that it is much work, especially for a newbie in skinning.

It would be greate if you can give a start and hopefully someone else can jump in. First we need a draft and collect requirements.

So you may create a list of GUI features and make them as essentially, nice to have and clutter.

You may also print a screenshot form you favorite skin and use sissor and glue to create a new one.

Also ideas for new widgest are welcome.

Maybe you have a companion dance teacher, which may support you to create a great draft.

What do you think?
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Re: A word of thanks

Postby TechnoMan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:49 am

I join the first post and say thank you, thank you aal who developed Mixxx
TechnoMan

Return to General Discussion