Mono/Stereo Switch or Button in Mixxx Interface

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Mono/Stereo Switch or Button in Mixxx Interface

Postby maztergee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 pm

It would be super handy if there was a Mono/Stereo switch or button for the Master Output channel on the Mixxx Interface.. so you can quickly set the audio output as required. Maybe in another release.

You can hit Preferences, and switching the Output mode, makes the changes in real-time, but would be happy to pay for a switch within the interface.

I think for me, this is all that is missing... if I had this , then Mixxx would be complete for me, and I would be happy to Donate a nice sum for all of your hard work.

thanks for your time.
maztergee

Re: Mono/Stereo Switch or Button in Mixxx Interface

Postby daschuer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:42 pm

What is your use case?
Do you switch to Mono during the DJ performance?

You may consider to use the Balance effect. It allows to reduce the stereo sound to Mono using the second parameter knop Mid/Side-
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby metty » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:52 pm

I miss that function too. Some old songs are stereo very bad. Especially when the left speaker is in one corner of the room, and the right one 20m away. So you sometimes hear instruments very badly. If the DJ notices this, he must immediately switch to mono, so that all instruments on all channels are audible.
metty

Postby daschuer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Ok, if this is a "per track" issue it can be the best solved using an effect. This way you can individual adjust the stereo effect per deck.

Will this solve the issue for you?
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Postby metty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Thanks for the tip! So I will try this with an effect. Never used the effects before, because I play the songs "only" as they are, at most adjust the tempo or the frequency filters a bit, but I think it should be possible.
metty

Postby RafaelV » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Or you could set Mono as standard (in Preference).

I do it because always bad sound system where I go, and stereo is not important to dance.
RafaelV

Return to General Discussion