Mixxx 2.1 released

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 2.1 released

Postby Michael Z Freeman » Tue May 01, 2018 8:51 am

It's great now with the FX being so good. The only thing I could not find in the UI is minimise the music library. There is only "maximise". Minimise would give more room for people who use FX/Mic/Aux/Samplers, and, anyway, I usually just drag tracks from my file manager on to Mixxx. Maybe that can be written into the skin now it's more customisable/scaleable, I don't know.
"I heard the sound of the Universe vibrating as one harmonious force." ... Previously "djbarney".
Michael Z Freeman

Postby JosepMa » Thu May 03, 2018 6:17 pm

@Dubfiance: If you use 4 decks, I believe the current setup actually gives more space to the library, not less (And obviously, you can adjust the height of the waveforms).

As for being able to change the design, that's not possible right now, although there are plans to make skins slightly more adaptable in the future.
If you really need it, right now you would need to edit the xml files of the skin itself to adapt it to your needs.

@Michael Z Freeman: I'm not sure if I follow you. The library uses as much free space as it is left from other controls. There's no "more room" to be had, other than redesigning the skin to be something else.
JosepMa

Postby Michael Z Freeman » Thu May 03, 2018 8:10 pm

JosepMa wrote:@Michael Z Freeman: I'm not sure if I follow you. The library uses as much free space as it is left from other controls. There's no "more room" to be had, other than redesigning the skin to be something else.

Naw, it's OK. I just had not found the drag bar in the new layout. Pull it down and library disappears.
"I heard the sound of the Universe vibrating as one harmonious force." ... Previously "djbarney".
Michael Z Freeman

Postby zog » Sun May 06, 2018 3:48 am

The Mixxx 2.1 release just passed my "acid test" of playing at a mates birthday party with zero issues, thanks everyone!
zog

Postby Michael Z Freeman » Sun May 06, 2018 10:05 am

Mixxx kicks ass.
Michael Z Freeman

Postby bunda3d » Sun May 20, 2018 4:14 am

This is a huge improvement! Great job everyone! Thank you!

Also, I was concerned that I would lose my settings, customizations and custom files, etc., since I run Windows and you have to uninstall Mixxx to upgrade to Mixxx 2.1. So I spent a bunch of time making copies of the appdata folder, screenshots of preference settings, etc.

But I didn't need to. Mixxx 2.1 installed and found all my settings and mp3s and everything else and I didn't have to change a thing. FYI to anyone who is similarly concerned--unless you're moving to a different computer with different login path (C:Users\newComputerUserName\etc.), the new install should find everything.

Thanks again!
bunda3d

Previous

Return to General Discussion