I Have A Few Questions About Mixxx

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

I Have A Few Questions About Mixxx

Postby DJboutit » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 pm

I have a few questions about Mixx

Can Mixxx stream to a shoutcast server??

Does the program have a scheduler like one found on a radio automation program??

Can Mixxx load a 100k track playlist??

Can play from Linein on your soundcard??

I run a internet radio station could work like a radio automation program just setup it up and let it do its thing 24/7.
DJboutit

Re: I Have A Few Questions About Mixxx

Postby JosepMa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 pm

1) yes, Mixxx can connect to a shoutcast server.
Warning: It uses the shoutcast 1 protocol, but generally shoutcast 2 servers are compatible. You might need to setup the password in some specific way in order to connect to a public shoutcast 2 server.

2) No. Mixxx has an AutoDJ, but it does not have any sense of start/end time or adding sketches/ads.

3) It should, but that's a big amount of tracks. Mixxx has been working on improving the performance with > 10000 tracks, but it's a work in progress.

4) Yes. You can configure up to four auxiliary entries that you can control from the aux inputs section of the skin, or you also can use the vinyl inputs and activate the vinyl passthrough so that you can use the mixer section.

Mixxx might not be the best for your use case. AutoDJ is intended for simple unattended playback (autoplay of some preloaded tracks), or for times that the DJ needs to go out for a while and come back quickly.
JosepMa

Return to General Discussion