Mixxx and spotify

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Mixxx and spotify

Postby downial » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi i need help! I have just downloaded Mixxx for windows and want to use it with spotify somehow - is this going to be possible? i have spent forever making playlists on spotify and have no itunes/beatport downloads etc . . .

i am REPORT THIS POST ( with vynil) and i have a gig coming up at the end of the month - they dont have decks so i figured this would be the easiest way to go about things and play through my laptop . . . but if i cant use tunes from spotify do i have to sit and buy 100's on itunes or beatport before i can do anything?

HELP! Cheers
downial

Re: Mixxx and spotify

Postby rryan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi downial

Does spotify let you export your music and playlists? It not, there's really no way.

RJ
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer

Postby boc » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:52 pm

isnt spotify just stream the tunes? i dont think those are playable by any other application.. so the answer is yes, you have to spend a fortune on tunes like everyone else does
boc

Postby adam_d » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:07 am

Actually spotify provide a C-library you can use to integrate streaming into another application:

http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/overview/

But their terms and conditions probably exclude us from being clients. Their definition of non-commercial is probably too strict (we accept donations) and we allow you to record your mixes which is explicitly forbidden.
adam_d
Mixxx Developer

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:22 am

Hmm, wondering that there is https://www.algoriddim.com:
The DJ software seamlessly integrates with both your music library and Spotify, giving you instant access to millions of tracks. You can perform live, record mixes on-the-go, …

(But however, the application don't matches my personal requirements, a.o. because I want to use linux host.)

Did spotify guys changed their mind in meanwhile and might it possible to integrate with mixxx now?
Joe

Postby daschuer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:12 am

Currently the only solution is to use Spotify as an AUX input for mix. You can install the ALSA loopback device, and use this for your pulse audio /⅝ system sound. Than configure this as AUX in Mixxx hardware preferences.
Now you can mix Spotify tracks to other offline tracks. You can also record your mix and mix this recording later to other Spotify tracks.
daschuer
Mixxx Developer

Return to General Discussion