12. Contributing to the Project
Mixxx is a community-driven project involving many DJs worldwide. Without the
contributions from these DJs, Mixxx would not exist, and we’re constantly
looking for more contributors.
We want to make it as easy as possible for people to get involved in Mixxx
development. First off, to be clear you don’t have to be a programmer to
12.1. As a non-developer
- Donate to Mixxx using Paypal to help
support and enhance development.
- Make skins
- Make MIDI mappings for
- Report bugs
- Update our Wiki to make sure the
information on it is up to date.
- Translate Mixxx using Transifex
- Answer questions on the Troubleshooting Forum and the Launchpad Answers page
- Help promote Mixxx: If you’ve got a blog, write an article about Mixxx. Blog
about our new releases when they come out. Any exposure on the web and in
print helps our project grow, and is much appreciated.
- Send us some photos of you using Mixxx at a gig!
12.2. As a software developer
- You don’t have to know C++. There are developers who got into Mixxx
development while learning C++ along the way.
- Join our mailing list: mixxx-devel
- Join our IRC channel, #mixxx on Freenode
- Tell us your ideas! Email us, talk on IRC, file wishlist bugs, or post on the forums.
- Register an account on our development platform Github and fork our code.
See Using Git for Mixxx Development
- Join the
Mixxx Development Team
- Get familiar with the code. Pick a bug off of the Easy Bug List
- Get help fixing the bug on IRC, talk to us about the best way to do it.
Contributing to Mixxx in 3 Easy Steps:
- Pick a bug off of the Easy Bug List
- Talk to us on IRC for help on how to fix it.
- Fix it! Done! Your name will now be on the Mixxx contributor list.