Mapping for the Pioneer DDJ-SR

Mod your Mixxx: Share your controller mappings, keyboard mappings, skin and script tweaks here!

Moderators: garth, User Customization Moderators

Mapping for the Pioneer DDJ-SR

Postby DJO93991 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:04 am

I know nobody will probably answer this but will there ever be a mapping for the DDJ-SR?
DJO93991

Re: Mapping for the Pioneer DDJ-SR

Postby Be. » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:41 am

There will be if someone makes one. You are somebody. Take a look at the Controller Mapping Documentation. The DDJ-SB mapping may be a good starting point.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!
Be.

Postby hrudham » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:46 am

I made one a while back for Mixxx v1.11.0. I'm currently not working on it until the next major release of Mixxx is finished. It's not perfect, but you might find it useful, and I have most of the basic functionality done. I know a couple of other people have taken what I've done and worked on it / improved it (including using it as a base for some DDJ-SB mappings, since the devices are quite similar), but you'll have to search the forums if you want those.

You can find it here (includes a description of whats done / not done): https://github.com/hrudham/Mixxx-Pioneer-DDJ-SR
hrudham

Postby DjKingBee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Were you ever able to finish this mapping? Im dying for it!
DjKingBee

Postby hrudham » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:03 pm

@DjKingBee: I'm guessing you're the same person who managed to contact me via email recently about this ;-) I've actually resurrected this project again (after two years of neglecting it), and I've started getting it up and running. It's now working with Mixxx 2.0, but I've still got a long way to go. You can always check out the commit history to see how I've been doing with this. See https://github.com/hrudham/Mixxx-Pionee ... its/master for details.
hrudham

Postby Be. » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:49 pm

Good to see progress on this. We're well on the way to Mixxx 2.1. Among the changes in 2.1 are a revamped effects UI and a new JS library. I suggest using the new JS library for the sampler buttons and effects at least. The new effects UI will match perfectly for the DDJ-SR. There's no need to rewrite what you've already written to use the new library, but you're welcome to if you want.

If you want this included in Mixxx, please read the Contributing Mappings wiki page.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!
Be.

Return to User Customizations