Stanton SCS.4DJ Controller

Fixxx your Mixxx

Moderator: garth

Stanton SCS.4DJ Controller

Postby RadRic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 am

I love this platform and have noticed that it is almost identical to my SCS.4DJ device. I am supposed to be able to use that as a stand alone unit or a controller. I would love to be able to use it as a controller for this platform. Is it possible? If so, how?
RadRic

Re: Stanton SCS.4DJ Controller

Postby Be. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:48 am

It does not look like anyone has mapped that controller to Mixxx. Considering the age of the device, it's not very likely anyone will unless you do. Controller Mapping Documentation is on the wiki if you'd like to try that.
I heard FLAC and I haven't gone back.
Protect your hearing with earplugs!
Be.

Postby Be. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:56 am

You might be able to use it as an external mixer without mapping it by using Mixxx's unmixed Deck 1-2 outputs, but I doubt most of the device's features would be able to function. You'd probably just get to use EQs and volume faders that way.
Be.

Postby RadRic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:44 am

I am very much a computer programming dummy. Windows programs were invented for me lol. When you say mapping, I have no idea what you are talking about. As far as using it as a mixer, I already have a good mixer that I use, so it would not do me any justice to run it that way. The item is less than 2 years old. I got it at a Best Buy that was going out of business. I used MIXXX on a few linux computers that my friend built for me, so I was familiar with the way it works and when I saw the reviews on the SCS.4DJ I noticed that it is indeed identical in the way it operates, so I had no problem spending the money for it. I guess I will just get the laptop that my wife and I were looking at and download MIXXX to it and buy a splitter so I can cue tracks and just use the wireless mouse to operate the program. The SCS.4DJ will then become a backup device.
RadRic

Postby Be. » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:18 am

You could still use the SCS.4DJ's sound card to get 4 channels of audio output to your mixer without using the SCS.4DJ as a controller. You'd probably need an adapter to hook up its headphone output to your mixer. That would most likely sound better than using a splitter cable with your onboard sound card.

You may have gotten the item 2 years ago, but the first review I can find of it is from 2011. DJ technology moves as quick as smartphones; 6 years is a long time.
Be.

Return to Troubleshooting & FAQ