1.12.0 Alpha Win (XP,Vista,7,8) / Mac / Linux Testers Needed

General Mixxx discussion.... discuss

Moderator: garth

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby shalty » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:03 pm

shalty wrote:here there are no problems with the vu-meters, and through i see visually how waveforms changes with each EQ knob (low included), and i'm using the laptop speakers :oops: , i still find that they don't sound right.


Well, after proper listening with headphones, i can confirm that the EQ sounds fine :oops: (instead what doesn't do are my lappy crappy speakers :mrgreen:). Sorry about that

PS: i'm testing now on windows
shalty
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby freestatenh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Windows users who get the CMD window can just press enter twice after the command lines stop and it will open. It looks exactly like 1.11 though! Did I do something wrong? If not, there's no independent pitch change control.
freestatenh
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby rryan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:04 pm

freestatenh wrote:Windows users who get the CMD window can just press enter twice after the command lines stop and it will open. It looks exactly like 1.11 though! Did I do something wrong? If not, there's no independent pitch change control.


Not all the skins are updated yet -- try LateNight-Stacked.
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer
 
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 am
Location: California

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby ywwg » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 pm

Latenight Stacked doesn't have a tuning control either. The easiest way to use it is to adjust the slider until the tuning is right, engage keylock, and then move the slider again until the bpms match. Otherwise you have to map a midi control to the tuning knob.
ywwg
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby shalty » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

More testing on win7 x86 sp1 (with rev4664 this time, clean database):

-Same failures as r4650
-Only one time, just after first run (after setup), both waveforms placeholders where blank (usually they get briefly the old background), and not cleared.
Usually they are cleared just before opening the update library progress dialog (if you have this option activated and/or its the first run), but not this time. Although the application was working, those placeholders doesn't turned back to normal, even when changing waveform display options through preferences. But this only happened once, the rest of the runs have behave normally, so could be a driver issue, don't know.
-I've got a lot of asserts when loading songs. The assert is always the same:

Code: Select all
Program: C:\Program Files\Mixxx\MSVCP120D.dll
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\INCLUDE\vector
Line: 1185

Expression: vector subscript out of range

Not all the songs fails, not always do, but a lot of the tries (about 9 from 10 runs). The best way i've found to workaround this is loading while analising this track (or another, doesn't seem to matter). If i analise, let it end, and then load it, most probably asserts anyway.

As this assert is in the runtime doesn't give a lot of info, so i've attached a crash dump. I would bet for some unitialized memory somewhere.

The mixxx.log last lines are those:
Code: Select all
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: AnalysisDAO fetched 0 analyses, 0 bytes for track 16 in 0 ms
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Vampanalyser BlockSize:  1024
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Vampanalyser StepSize:  512
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Beat calculation started with plugin "qm-tempotracker:0"
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Vampanalyser BlockSize:  32768
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Vampanalyser StepSize:  32768
Debug [AnalyserQueue 1]: Key calculation started with plugin "qm-keydetector:2"
Warning [Main]: QWidget::repaint: It is dangerous to leave painters active on a widget outside of the PaintEvent
Warning [Main]: QWidget::repaint: It is dangerous to leave painters active on a widget outside of the PaintEvent
Attachments
crash_assert.txt
(15.63 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
shalty
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby shalty » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Another question: I'm used to analyze the songs that i'm gonna use on a set, to "cache" data beforehand, and then doing the set knowing that the cpu is mostly free from calculations and hiccups when loading tracks.

But on this alpha's, i see that the only way to save analyzed files is through playing them. Is that a bug or a "feature"? (i liked old method :mrgreen: )
shalty
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 11:44 am

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby freestatenh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:19 am

ywwg wrote:Latenight Stacked doesn't have a tuning control either. The easiest way to use it is to adjust the slider until the tuning is right, engage keylock, and then move the slider again until the bpms match. Otherwise you have to map a midi control to the tuning knob.


I was under the impression that 1.12 would have independent pitch control. =/ I like to keep the tempo the same sometimes and just change the pitch so it makes the song sound like someone else is singing it.
freestatenh
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby midzer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi all.

First post to the forums :)

With mixxx-master-git4670-x64.exe i encountered a crash after drag and dropping a track in left deck.
Both decks were stopped at that time.

Log: See attachment.

Minor visual flaw:
While drag and dropping (left mouse is hold) waveform of the running deck becames very laggy.
Attachments
mixxx.log
(40.79 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
midzer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby rryan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:56 pm

freestatenh wrote:
ywwg wrote:Latenight Stacked doesn't have a tuning control either. The easiest way to use it is to adjust the slider until the tuning is right, engage keylock, and then move the slider again until the bpms match. Otherwise you have to map a midi control to the tuning knob.


I was under the impression that 1.12 would have independent pitch control. =/ I like to keep the tempo the same sometimes and just change the pitch so it makes the song sound like someone else is singing it.


It will! The changes are there in the code / under the hood -- not all skins have them yet. We're nowhere near finalized skin-wise.
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer
 
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 am
Location: California

Re: Mixxx 1.12.0 Alpha Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) Testers Nee

Postby rryan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:58 pm

midzer wrote:Hi all.

First post to the forums :)

With mixxx-master-git4670-x64.exe i encountered a crash after drag and dropping a track in left deck.
Both decks were stopped at that time.

Log: See attachment.

Minor visual flaw:
While drag and dropping (left mouse is hold) waveform of the running deck becames very laggy.


Could I ask you to get a stack trace or run the debug diagnostic tool?
Details here: http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/reporting_bugs#windows
The Mixxx Manual, Wiki and FAQ are the best place to start for documentation and support.
Please report any bugs you find to our Bug Tracker.
rryan
Mixxx Developer
 
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 am
Location: California

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests